After surfing the web for hours on end I realized that I wasn’t going to find the style of bridal veil I wanted for anything under $150 and since my dress cost less than that I wasn’t going to pay that much. Surfing for another few hours I decided to make my veil. I already have the veil my mother wore to her first wedding, but I’ve packed that away and don’t feel like going hunting for it.
As if I don’t have enough things to make for the wedding I threw in another sewing project. This one, thank god, isn’t all that hard just time-consuming. I went out yesterday with my Mum and her partner to the local craft store and bought 2m of bridal tulle and another 2m of lace trim, along with a few other supplies I needed. It took me a while to figure out how to cut the tulle to get the right fall I wanted, but after a few hours I finally figured it out. I might have to recut the blusher though as it might be slightly too short but I’ll see how it goes when I pin it to gather to the comb. I’ve hand stitched the lace trim to the lower layer’s bottom hem and now I need to buy another 8m of lace. I didn’t realize I’d have to have that much, but unfortunately I do. That’s what’s going to cost me the most out of everything. Below I’ve added pictures of what I have so far. I’ll be posting more pictures and posts in the following weeks as I work along.